Week #18


 1. a pic of me, part of our district, and somebody´s investigator!

 2. all of this is our area! we have lots of work to do

 3. sister jardim´s 20th birthday!!! surprise party!!!

4. Sister Hermes and me! We came in the same group to the mission and we´ve been in the same district ever since. She´s my best friend here!

These last few weeks have been fantastic!

The food is still good.  I've been served lasagna maybe 5-7 times so far, and they always put ham in it?!?! It's definitely not bad, but it's different.  I also had corn flavored soft serve.  It's definitely not good, but it's the kind of thing that's just so weird you want more of it (okay maybe not all of you will understand this but at least probably my Dad will).

We also had General Conference! I any of you missed it, watch it here:here
We watched it all in Portuguese and I even understood some of the jokes! I will listen or read it all in English though over the next month or so.  I really just want to read it now but it's more important I study the basic doctrines and learn how to teach them in Portuguese for my investigators. Bottom line: 10/10 watch it, read it, and do it again.

The best thing that's happened is our first baptism!!! Saturday, September 23 our investigator Marcelo was baptized. Sunday he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the Aaronic Priesthood!
In honor of this huge event, I want to share Romans 6:4 which says, "that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." What a beautiful and necessary blessing baptism is.  I am so grateful for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and that the Priesthood, the authority God gave to man to act in his name, is on the earth today.  

I lvoe you all!
-Sis. Gruwell

Popular posts from this blog

The Sanity Barrier

Letter from the MTC President