the sound of silence

óla! literally another week in paradise!

Lots of meeting new people and teaching about the restoration this week, nothing new but all very good. I had kind of cough this week. It's the kind that makes you sound pretty bad but actually doesn't affect how you feel. Because of this I'd clear my through a lot which made people think I had something to say. Jokes on them because I didn't have anything to say and was usually a little lost in the conversation. I was definitely given more than my share of silence this week that I usually just filled with a smile. All is well. 

Sometimes instead of lunch, the members give us money to eat out. It's way fun trying the restaurants here. Food is also crazy cheap here. I'm usually not (actually never) the type of person to take a picture of my food but all the food we got was only R$10 which is barely $3 USD. It's even more food that it looks like and it was so good. Rice, beans, two types of meat, these sweet potato like things, potato salad, carrots, custard, and of course that sand stuff everyone eats. They even put chips in theirs. What a meal. 

The other sisters in our area had a baptism this week. We brought our investigator who has a date set for the 2nd of September and it got him pretty excited. He was telling everyone how his baptism was coming up and it made me so happy. 

I've noticed that a lot of times when people have had really hard times they have a really hard time believing in God or not being angry with Him. 
It makes me so sad because God is our loving Heavenly Father. He's there for us in the hard times, and knowing this makes these times so much easier. Job was a guy who undeniably had a rough life. But in Job 1:22 we read ~In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly~. How cool is that? Job´s testimony and relationship with God was strong enough that instead of being angry with God, he turned to God. And at the end of Job, we read how blessed he was because of it. 

I love you all, have a great week! Sister Gruwell

Popular posts from this blog

The Sanity Barrier

Week #18

Letter from the MTC President