Thumbs up (double posts)

Guess what? Still loving this missionary thing. Sister Patrini and I are both new to the area so we’ve mostly just been trying to find the people who are ready to hear the gospel. 

You’ve probably heard it before, but everyone has gates around their houses he so instead of knocking on the door, we stand outside and clap.  I was already a pretty proficient clapper before the mission, but I’m definitely already better after these first two weeks. I am actually scared to find out what kind of clapping skills I will have at the end of this thing. Guess we will wait and see.

Pdays are way fun. mostly we just go hang out on the beach and work on our farmer's tans, email our families, and clean our house (although for mopping we just take this wet and kind of dirty towel and put it on this stick and push it around the house haha). Our mission president also lets up sleep in on Pdays and we can watch Disney and church movies. Sister Patrini and I found this tourist map so we’re going to start seeing the sites soon. There’s this place called egg rock that intrigues the both of us, so hopefully I’ll tell you all about it soon. 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid in Brazil is Diário de um Banana

We haven’t really found many steady investigators who really want to learn more so mostly  we’ve been teaching shorter lessons and handing out lots of cards like lots of cards. I would know because I wrote the address of the church on like 2000 I them (okay probably like 200, but I did it with love). We pretty much gave these cards to everyone and invite them to church, but I guess they all forget about it. Or maybe they’re all coming next week.

Well what do you know? This guy we met at the bus stop Sunday came to church yesterday. But wait, it gets better; he commented during Sunday School and really seemed to enjoy church.

A couple of hours after church we taught him about the restoration of the gospel and we already have a baptism date. Don’t worry, my companion did already explain that they don’t always work out and I still have complete faith it will all work out, but will be devastated if it doesn’t.

This week I really like the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 100:12  
Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end.

Sometimes (a lot of the time) we try to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ but people just aren’t interested. A lot of the time in just regular life, things don’t go as planned. But with faith that someone will listen to us soon or that our lives will get better, we continue on our journeys and rejoice, because we get to do it all with Heavenly Father.

All is well, tudo bem

Óla!

If you didn't already know, I love being a missionary. Seriously, if you think you should go on a mission even just a little bit, really think about it because it's truly the best. 

I hit two months yesterday! Slowly but surely my Portuguese is coming along. Right now I have the kind of Portuguese that makes people say `wow! you´ve only been speaking Portuguese for two months???´ but also `wow! i can't really understand you´. Haha, oh well. 

It rained quite a bit this week but they say that with every rainy day you have on your mission your future spouse gets better and better looking so bring it on. If only it would start raining wherever my future husband is serving haha. But really, it was kind of nice especially since I've already had a pretty bad farmers tan since day one. 

So there´s this stuff here that looks like sand and kind of tastes like sand that EVERYONE puts all over their food. Like everyone at every lunch we ever go to. I've heard from the other Americans you just have to get used to it. Of course I want to be a true Brasilia so I put it all over my food too. Sometimes I would look around the table at everyone's plates and I would want to say `hey guys, why are we all eating sand???´ But that´s sort of rude and weird so instead I would just eat another bite of food covered in sand. Three weeks later, I'm in love with the sand stuff. 

Our lessons with our bus stop friend this week have been amazing! Not a whole lot of other people want to listen to us, but it's okay because he's worth like 10 investigators. He is already seeing the blessings of the gospel in his life. I am so happy!

A scripture I thought about this week is John 6:66-67. 
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
How sad is it that those who walked with Christ could just leave Him! This really highlights the fact that it's much more important where our faith is going than where it is now. Like muscles, if it isn't getting stronger, it's getting weaker. 

I love you all!!!
Sister Gruwell



 Sometimes when I´m clapping outside of peoples doors I'm also clapping for the great view
 the beach! (btw behind those mountains is where I ate the cow intestines)



Popular posts from this blog

Bridge over Troubled Waters

the gift of tongues and other things i ate