The Sanity Barrier

 3 Months!



Watching Woman's Conference

We meet a lot of people every day. It’s kind of like our jobJ Sometimes I understand these people, sometimes I don’t. The first few week I often thought, “wow some of these people seem pretty crazy, but it must just be the language barrier”.  Now that this language barrier is disappearing, I’m coming to realize there are actually more crazy people here that I thought.

One afternoon, this guy stopped us (which doesn’t happen often except for people who are crazy interested or just plain crazy). He explained that when he stares at the sun he can feel the glory of God.  He then demonstrated.  This guy stared at the sun, without blinking, for a good 30 seconds.  Like right at it. It was so bright; I was squinting just watching him stare directly at the sun.  Then he pulled out his Bible and read us a verse of two (I really don’t know how he could read) and he repeated this process 2 more times before we said we had to go.

A couple nights ago some guy said he had a prophecy for me. Before I could say anything (which is actually a long time for me when it has to be in Portuguese) He told me I left a problem in my city that I will have to resolve when I go home.  Jokes on him and his prophecy though, because thanks to my parents and their interest in moving, I don’t actually have a city.

In other news, we had a huge miracle this week.  We hand out pamphlets with every lesson we teach to supplement what we’ve talked about and so our investigators can read and remember more.  It’s always super exciting when we return and they say they’ve read.  It’s even better when they have questions because it means they’ve read and thought  about it.

The other night we went to visit a mother and daughter.  The back of the pamphlets have questions and spaces for answers and they had both filled theirs out! My trainer only has 3 months left and has never seen this.  We were so, so happy.  We taught the Plan of Salvation the first time, but also left Restoration pamphlets for them to read. The daughter read and answered the questions to the Restoration pamphlet too! Seriously guys, miracle.

Speaking of miracles, I can almost pronounce “Mormons” in Portuguese.  This is great because when I say “many people call us Mormons”, people will understand me!

A Scripture I really liked this week can be found in Proverbs 3: 5-6. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.”  Really when we look to the Lord in making decisions, we’ll never be lead astray.  With the small things we remember the commandments and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and with the big thigs, we pray and counsel with the Lord in regards to what we should do.  It’s a failsafe plan and I have seen it work wonders in my life when I live it.

I love you all!

Sister Gruwell

we finally did something on pday! we went with a couple in our ward to this park and had a picnic. they had a bunch of cool sculptures all around. I don~t know if you care at all about them but i´ll attatch the ones i liked the best. 



Popular posts from this blog

Bridge over Troubled Waters